Why a Real Estate Attorney Should Review the Contracts?
As long as a transaction proceeds smoothly, few people pay attention to the contract. However, when problems arise, having an experienced real estate lawyer review or prepare your purchase contract can provide essential protection and remedies. Here's why:
- Educating you on your rights and options, especially in cases involving properties sold "as is" or ownership and adverse possession disputes.
- Advising on potentially troublesome transactions, such as seller carrybacks, wrap-around contracts, or sales/leaseback agreements, while ensuring your liability is limited.
- Assisting sellers with title problems, lease agreements, and overall contract review. For buyers, we draft purchase agreements, review title reports, and guide you through the escrow process.
- Offering expertise in estate planning, helping families make decisions regarding property ownership, transfers, and partitioning.
- Resolving disputes through real estate litigation or mediation, working with homeowners associations and property management companies to address conflicts and provide guidance on legal matters.